Portable Equipment Status
Portable Equipment Status is defined as pressure equipment that is:
- truck or trailer mounted; OR
- skid mounted and intended to be relocated multiple times in a year.
Examples of portable pressure equipment include:
- steam boilers used in association with oil drilling or oil well servicing rigs;
- steam boilers for culvert or drain system steaming;
- pressure vessels on vehicles such as highway stripe painting trucks;
- gas and casing gas compressors; and
- pressure vessels used as portable test treaters or separators.
In order for pressure equipment to be considered for portable equipment status, the pressure equipment shall:
- be installed on a truck, trailer or skid whose business purpose requires multiple location changes in a year;
- have a valid licence to operate; and
- be protected by a pressure relief device whose discharge piping is not connected to any header system not fully contained on the truck, trailer or skid.
It is the responsibility of the owner, lessee or representative to track the location of the equipment at all times. Portable Equipment status may be cancelled if the owner, lessee or representative is not able to provide TSASK with the location of the equipment for inspection and/or audit purposes.
Online Payment & Application
To be accepted for Portable Equipment Status, the owner, lessee or represenative shall complete the application below and submit payment. Please include on the application the reason Portable Equipment Status is required. Such justification shall include the anticipated number of times the pressure equipment will be relocated in the year.
If there are multiple pieces of pressure equipment that require Portable Equipment Status, you may complete the "Multiple Portable Equipment Template" below and attach it to the application. Please keep in mind that the fee is per pressure vessel where Portable Equipment Status is being requested.