Codes & Standards Compliance
New Registration Process and Options for Pressure Piping Designs
TSASK has released the final versions of the new pressure piping registration process. The new information may be found by following the pressure piping link on the left handside of the page/
Objective of Design Registration
The primary objective of Design Registration is to ascertain, within reasonable bounds, that designs submitted for registration under The Boiler and Pressure Vessel Act are in compliance with the Act, Regulations, and relevant codes and standards. One must keep in mind that the owner of the design has ultimate responsibility for its correctness. Registration of a design does not relieve any person who constructs, installs, alters, or repairs a boiler or pressure vessel of liability with respect to that design.
Owners, users, agents, manufacturers and contractors of boilers or pressurized equipment are responsible for registering equipment designs with TSASK. Before pressurized equipment is registered, its design is subject to an engineering review to ensure compliance with the The Boiler and Pressure Vessel Act, Regulations and adopted safety codes and standards. To register a design, please refer to the appropriate guideline.
This program area deals with Design Review of Pressure Equipment and Pressure Safety Valve Lock Out programs. The links beside and below are to various documents covering the specific requirements of this program, and access to the various forms used to administer the program.
Scope of the Design Registration Program involves:
- Assessment of new and revised designs of boilers, pressure vessels, pressure piping, fittings and other pressure equipment for compliance with the Act and registration of those found acceptable
- Assessment of alterations to boilers, pressure vessels and fittings and registration of those found acceptable
- Alternatives to Saskatchewan CRN Design Review
- Maintenance of a database and records of registered designs and procedures
Design Submission Requirements
Detailed design submission requirements and links to all application forms are available for the following areas:
- Boilers & Pressure Vessels
- Pressure Piping
- Pressure Relief Device Isolation Valve Control Program - this program has been replaced by the Pressure Relief Path (PRP) Stop Valve Control Program found on the Boilers & Pressure Vessels page. Please click here to be taken to that link.
- Fitting Design
- Alternative to CRN (data report) Registration per clause 24 of the regulations
Please return completed Design Registration packages to:
Codes and Standards Compliance Office
Technical Safety Authority of Saskatchewan
2202 2nd Ave.
Regina, SK S4R 1K3