The Passenger and Freight Elevator Regulations, 2017 - Effective January 1, 2018
Elevator Orders to Correct Information
- Please click here for more information on an elevator order notice you have received.
2019 Annual Elevating Device Licence Renewal Information
Please Click Here for more information regarding your 2019 licence renewal
Design Registration Submission for Elevating Devices
Elevator Safety establishes and enforces technical safety standards to minimize potential hazards associated with complex electrical & mechanical equipment such as passenger and freight elevators, escalators, power and belt type man lifts, lifts for persons with physical disabilities, personnel hoists and ski lifts.
These standards focus on these critical areas:
- Reviewing and registering equipment designs before installation; (Click here for more information on design registration submissions for elevating devices)
- Initial inspection during installation to ensure the safety requirements incorporated in the design are functional;
- Licensing and inspecting operational equipment periodically to ensure safety standards are maintained; and
- Licensing contractors who install and maintain equipment.