Permit to Operate in Urgent Cases
A permit to operate in urgent cases is a temporary reclassification of a licensed operator.
It allows for a power engineer to be licenced to operate at one level higher then currently licenced. To see the scope of authority for each class of licence click here
This process is intended to assist a company through a period of time where they are unable to hire and retrain an operator of a required class. A temporary reclassification is a short term, temporary solution and the renewal of a permit is not guaranteed.
Applications need to be submitted online 14 days prior to the requested start date. Late applications are subject to delay of the requested start date.
A company may apply for different types of permits to operate in urgent cases. Please choose from the list below, the applicable form:
- Emergency coverage for 8 consecutive calendar days or less (no charge)
- Inital 30 day permit to operate in urgent cases (more than 8 and less than 31 calendar days)
- Initial 90 day permit to operate in urgent cases
- Renewal of Initial 90 day permit to operate in urgent cases
- Beyond 180 days (90 day permit) with action plan approved by the Chief Inspector
- Beyond 180 days (90 day permit) without an action plan