Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I get my weld procedure revised?

A: A revision can be requested online. An application, payment and a copy of the weld procedure is required. 


Q: Can I pay for my weld procedure or revision by cheque?

A: Yes, please call our office at 1-866-760-9255. Our office hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. We will email you a form that you can fill in and mail to our office with a cheque payment and one printed copy of your weld procedure. 


Q: Does the Pressure Equipment Status Report form TSK-0007 have to be submitted for each piece of equipment being updated?

A: Yes. However, for updating a large number of equipment simultaneously one TSK-0007 with an attached spreadsheet containing all fields of TSK-0007 can be submitted for the remaining equipment.


Q: Can a QMS holder increase inspection intervals upon implementation of QMS?

A: No. Before an inspection interval can be increased, a Risk Based Inspection (RBI) program must first be implemented. Upon successful implementation of an RBI program, an application to the Chief Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector can be made for increased inspection intervals.


Q: Can the reporting intervals be extended beyond one year?

A: No. If the required reports are not received at regular intervals not exceeding one year, an audit for the purpose of obtaining inspection information will be scheduled and performed at the QMS holder’s expense.


Q: Shall acceptance inspections performed by a Special Inspector under QMS also be performed by Jurisdictional inspector?

A: Yes. After a favourable acceptance inspection by a Special Inspector, the equipment can be started and operated without delay. The Jurisdictional Inspector will perform his acceptance inspection within twelve months to verify the installation. Additional fees will be charged for the Inspector's time and travel.


Q: If I am renewing my QCP Manual, do I need to renew my WPS too?

A:  No you do not, unless your company is going through a name change.


Q: If my company is going through a name change, Do you need me to submit another QCP Manual?

A:  Yes. You will need to submit a QCP revision application.  Once the review is completed, you will receive a new certificate.  The application can be found by clicking here