Ask Us a question

Out of Province Power Engineering Transfers

In Saskatchewan you are required to have a licence to work as a power engineer in the province. If you want to continue your education and training (by challenging exams) towards a higher power engineering classification you must transfer your out of province certificate to Saskatchewan.  

As a member of the Standardization of Power Engineering Examination Committee (SOPEEC), Saskatchewan uses SOPEEC examinations to test first, second, third, fourth and fifth class candidates. Candidates that successfully complete SOPEEC examinations (all papers) and have the required operating experience can receive a Standardized Certificate which is recognized throughout Canada.

The holder of a valid certificate from another province may transfer his/her certificate to Saskatchewan. The Trade, Investment, Labour and Mobility Agreement (TILMA) and the Agreement on International Trade (AIT) allows skilled tradespersons moving to Saskatchewan from another province to be eligible for equivalent trade qualifications.  

Transfer of Licence & Certificate from another Province to Saskatchewan

Applications for continuing education by challenging exams and working in Saskatchewan:

Transfer of Oilfield Certificate from Alberta to Saskatchewan

Transfer of Out of Province Power Engineering Exam Marks Only

Use this form if you want to transfer exam marks ONLY to Sasktchewan from another Canadian jurisdiction