Ask Us a question

Frequently Asked Questions

Pressure Welders

I want to work as a Pressure Welder in Saskatchewan, what do I need to do?

To work as a Pressure Welder in Saskatchewan you must have a valid Saskatchewan’s Welder’s Licence issued by TSASK. Your licence will indicate the pressure welding you are allowed to perform. You may need to have more than one licence, depending on the type of welding you want to do. 

If you have a valid Pressure Welder’s licence from outside of Saskatchewan you can apply for an Out of Province Welder’s Licence. It must have an expiry date that is at least 3 months later than the date of application for out of province transfer, otherwise, you can only be issued a valid Welder’s Licence by successfully completing a pressure weld test.

If you have never had a Pressure Welder’s ticket you will be required to complete an initial 6” weld test as your first weld test.

Where is Pressure Weld testing available in Saskatchewan?

Pressure weld testing is available in Regina and Saskatoon every week – alternating between Wednesday and Thursday depending which facility is scheduled for that week. Clients can refer to the weld test calendar for clarification. Welding tests must be booked in advance by submitting an application form and fee before the cut off date. 

Are there options for weld testing in Saskatchewan, other than the regular testing sessions?

Weld testing can be done at a client’s welding facility on a request service basis for any process with a registered WPS, additional fees will apply.

My organization is paying for my pressure weld test or Out of Province Licence. Can you invoice them for payment?

We are unable to invoice for weld test payments or Out of Province Licenses. Your organization can submit the payment directly to us with your application or you can submit the fee yourself and ask them to reimburse you.

What is the ‘SK ID’ number?

Your SK ID number is a unique number we assign to you to help us manage your information. SK ID numbers are only assigned to Pressure Welders in Saskatchewan. You can find your number on any of the newer typed Welder’s Licenses. You will not have a number if you have never had one of the typed weld tickets.

If you do not have a number, or are unsure what your number is, you can leave that section of your form blank. 

What happens if my Pressure Welder’s Licence expires? Is there a grace period? Can I get an extension?

If your Saskatchewan Welder’s Licence has expired, you are no longer able to do any welding that would require that weld ticket. There is no grace period or extension of your expiry date.

If you want to perform work that requires that weld ticket, you will need to obtain a new valid Welder’s Licence by successfully completing the weld test again. You are not required to reperform an initial 6” weld test before re-testing for an expired Licence, regardless of how long ago it expired. 

If one of your Welder’s Licenses expires it has no effect on any other valid Saskatchewan Welder’s Licenses that you have. You may continue to perform work using any other valid Saskatchewan Welder’s Licenses that you have.

There is a mistake on my Welder’s Licence how can I get it corrected?

Please let us know what the error is and submit your ticket to one of our offices. We will issue your corrected ticket once we have received the incorrect one.


I lost my Welder’s Licence, can I get a copy of it?

To get a copy of your Welder’s Licence complete the Application for Duplicate Welders Licence form and submit it along with the applicable fee.

I have a Saskatchewan Welder’s Licence, but I would like to work outside the province, is there anything I need to do?

You will need to contact the jurisdiction you will be working in to see what their requirements are. 

Can you register me for my CWB weld test?

We do not test for CWB. You can contact Saskatchewan Polytechnic for more information.