Oil and Gas Facilities Code
The Oil and Gas Facilities Code is organized by sections.
Notes for this Edition
- This Code is designed in the same format as the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC), Part I.
- The numbering system is equivalent to a separate Section of the CEC and this Code is intended to be supplementary to, or amendatory of, the CEC as indicated in the Scope.
- Appendix B19 is the equivalent of Appendix B in the CEC and formatted in the same way.
- Diagrams B19 form part of Appendix B19.
- Annex J19 is designed as an additional Annex to Appendix J of the CEC.
- Since this Code is supplementary to, or amendatory of, the CEC, all other Appendix B or Appendix J notes in the CEC are valid.
- Appendix C19 is the Organization and Rules of Procedure for the Committee on the Code for Electrical Installations at Oil and Gas Facilities approved by the Electrical Technical Council.
- Appendix D19 is engineering guidelines for determining area classification.
How to Identify Changes from the Last Edition
Changes from the last edition of the Code are expressed with a triangle Δ where a requirement has been added or amended and a ‘no’ symbol ∅ represents a code deletion where requirements have been deleted.
View the Oil and Gas Facilities Code.