Electric Service Requirements
You must follow the Electric Service Requirements to connect electrical services to the SaskPower facilities. The requirements were created to:
- Ensure we follow the Canadian Electrical Code;
- Protect personnel and equipment;
- Observe operational needs; and
- Provide facility connection options.
If Electrical Service Requirements are not followed, we can refuse a service request. It is important for us to ensure the public’s safety and maintain standardized service.
Changes to the Requirements
In certain instances, you can request changes to the Electric Service Requirements. The change request must be:
- Received in writing by mail;
- Accompanied by drawings; and
- Received before construction starts.
If approved, the change is valid only for the requested service.
See the Electrical Service Requirements Guide for full details.
Non-Utility Generation Requirements
- Generation Interconnection Requirements at Voltages 34.5 kV and Below
- Non-Utility Generation Interconnection Requirements at Voltages 72 kV and Above