Registered Electrical Contractors Program
The Registered Electrical Contractor Program has been introduced to improve and maintain the safety and consistency of electrical installations in the province of Saskatchewan.
Electrical contractors can take advantage of a 10% discount for electrical permits. The program rewards Electrical Contractors who demonstrate a one-year cycle of permitting with the discount.
How to Qualify
- Participate in a continuing education program under the umbrella of the Electrical Contractors Association of Saskatchewan;
- Maintain a defect ratio of four per cent or less on all inspected permits and have a minimum of 20 inspected permits per year;
- Have no incidents of unreported work and disclose all information related to the electrical installation/permit;
- Take out online permits only; and
- Correct any defects within the date of expiry and have no incidents of bond action (an incident of bond action will result in the immediate loss of status).
How Does It Work?
- Each year, Electrical Contractors will have their history tracked to verify that all requirements have been met;
- Successful contractors will be notified that they have achieved Registered Contractor Status;
- Once a contractor has reached registered status, the 10% rebate is automatically applied to online permits; and
- Contractors will be required to meet the standards annually to remain a Registered Contractor and will continue to have their history tracked.
Contact Michael Anderson at 306.787.3346 for more information.