The Net Metering Program allows customers to generate their own power using renewable energy sources like solar installations.
All solar installations must be installed by a Licensed Saskatchewan Electrical Contractor. Refer to The Saskatchewan Interpretations Section 2-014 for more information.
Next Steps to Connecting Solar Installations:
- Engage the services of a Licensed Saskatchewan Electrical Contractor.
- Make an application to the Utility (SaskPower, City of Saskatoon, or City of Swift Current) for a bi-directional meter.
- The quotes, terms & conditions from the Utility must be accepted before the process can continue.
- Prior to installation, the contractor must submit the plan and the Renewable Information Check Sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When the solar installation is ready for the bi-directional meter, the contractor must contact the TSASK Electrical Inspector for the inspection.
- Contact the Utility to install the bi-directional meter once the electrical inspection has been approved.