Frequently Asked Questions
Power Engineering Examination
Can I change my exam date?
You can change your exam date as long as it is before the cut off date indicated for the exam sitting you are currently booked for. If it is after the cut off date or the exam sitting has filled up, we are unable to make any changes.
Please note that all exam applications are NON-REFUNDABLE.
When is the exam application cut off for all power engineering exam's?
The cut off date is ALWAYS 14 calendar days before the scheduled exam date.
What happens after I pass all of my exams?
Once you have passed all of your exams for the current level of certification, you will need to submit your qualifications in order to receive your certificate.
How do I know if I have been booked in for an exam?
You will receive an email confirmation detailing the date, time and location in which you were booked to write the exam you have applied for. If you have not received this email within 3 business days after sending in your application, please contact our office.
What can I bring into my exam?
The items allowed in the examination as per SOPEEC are:
- Act and regulations;
- CSA B51, Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Pressure Piping Codes;
- CSA B52 Mechanical Refrigeration Code;
- Extract for CSA B51 & B52 Codes;
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Academics Extract and Supplement produced by Pan Globel Training Systems;
- Steam tables and refrigeration tables;
- A non-technical dictonary;
- Pens and pencils (all multiple choice exams HAVE to be done in pencil);
- Drawing instruments.
- The candidate must provide picture ID to the examiner prior to the examination;
- No cell phone or electronic devices are to be brought into the exam room;
- Items referenced above must be shown to the examiner. If there is any writing in the above materials, you will not be allowed to use them;
- No other reference material is allowed.
Can I continue writing exams towards the next level of certification if I have not obtained my current certificate?
No. Even though you may have passed all of the exams in your current level of certification, you must have also met the requirements in order to receive the certificate. You cannot apply to write any exam of a higher class without having the lower level certification.
Please note that all exams are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Where can I find study material for my Oilfield A and/or B Boiler Operator's exam?
I failed my exam, will I receive feedback?
Feedback is currently provided on all multiple choice exams (except Oilfield Boiler Operator, Refrigeration Plant Operators and PEI Admin exams). The feedback will be emailed to a candidate who has failed an exam within 1 week of the marks being posted.