The Technical Safety Authority of Saskatchewan (TSASK) is responsible for Gas Licensing within the province of Saskatchewan. Established under the Gas Licensing Act, Gas licensing in conjunction with inspections and permits ensures that gas installations comply with safety standards. Please click here to download the Gas Licensing Act.
Gas Licensing applies to:
- Gas Fitters;
- Individuals who provide gas installation services, and perform such work on behalf of the public;
- Individuals who provide gas installation services within premises they may own; and
- Propane Distributors.
On March 1, 2020 amendments to The Gas Licensing Regulations took effect. These amendments will:
- Increase the load level for domestic gas installations to match current common loads in new houses;
- Remove two unnecessary compliance requirements relating to:
- Employers providing a list of all work performed by Gas Fitters they employ; and
- Suppliers providing a list of all gas equipment and appliances in stock;
- Add flexibility for the Director of Licensing to establish advisory committees and to recognize training administered by other training institutions;
- Better protect homeowners from substandard work by increasing the bond amount requirements for Gas Contractors; and
- Simplify the fee and licence categories for propane distributors.
The Gas Contractor Guarantee Bond will be $10,000 versus the previous $5,000 coverage. Gas licensing will apply the new rate as licences and bonds come up for renewal after March 1, 2020.
If you have any questions, contact Gas and Electrical Licensing at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-530-8599